Companies laying off employees are common occurrences these days. This can happen
because the company is downsizing or changing their focus and no longer need the services of employees with certain skills. And it is within the rights of these employees to know the exact reason for their termination.
Do You Feel You Have Been Wrongfully Terminated?
If you feel you have been wrongfully terminated, it is possible to claim it against your former company. While not all cases succeed in court, if you do have a legitimate claim, you will be eligible for back pay, compensation, punitive damages, attorney fees, and possible reinstatement.
But there are a few things to consider before filing for such a claim. Apart from serious proof, public and internal company policies also have to be considered for the claim to be successful.
This list will help you determine if you have grounds for a wrongful termination lawsuit:
- You have been discriminated based on age, sex, race, disability, or religion.
- You were terminated because of a disagreement or complaint of harassment.
- You were terminated in violation of your given contract or promise of duration of your employer.
- You were terminated for refusing to perform an act that would be considered illegal or unsafe.
- You were let go because of taking time off for voting, illness in the family, or military service.
- You were terminated is in violation of company policy.
- You sustained mental or emotional injuries due to the way you were treated at your former work place.
- Your termination has put you in significant financial harm and will take months to find comparable employment.
If your claim falls under one or more of these categories, your case can succeed- possibly in court or possibly in an out-of-court settlement.
If you have a good case, you may qualify for a a lawsuit cash advance.
A pre-settle cash advance from Interstate Lawsuit Funding can provide $500 to $5000 or more based on the merits of your case. Loans from Interstate Lawsuit Funding are fast and require no credit check.
Just fill out our 30-second application on our Home page to apply. If your case qualifies, we would be able to send you a check within 48-hours for the money you require.
That check is for you to keep, and we will be paid back through the settlement amount. If your case does not win in court, you will have no personal liability to pay off the loan.